Mobile psychiatric nursing ties together mental and physical health
Because mental and physical health are so closely related Behavioral Healthcare Corporation provides in-home psychiatric nursing services.
Mobile Psychiatric Nursing Services include:
- initial and on-going face-to-face medical and psychiatric nursing assessments
- accompanying individuals to physician appointments when indicated
- medication support, education and response assessment
- clinical updates as needed and reporting of all known medications prescribed by other providers
- general health education
- nursing on-call services for individuals with a significant change in medical and/or psychiatric status during non-office hours
- Support is provided via phone to individuals to potentially resolve issues without the need for hospital-based services.
- physician and team member updates on significant changes in the client’s status and/or subsequent treatment/recovery plan reports
Who benefits from Mobile Psychiatric Nursing Services?
- individuals recently discharged from the hospital (either medical or psychiatric admissions) or who are experiencing a transition in level of care
- individuals who frequently need hospital-based or crisis services
- individuals with co-occurring medical conditions that impact their mental status
- individuals with demonstrated difficulties in following treatment plans
- those requiring support and education regarding prescribed medications and treatments, including the administration of injectable medications
If you think you, a client you work with, family member or someone else you know could benefit from mobile psychiatric nursing please contact us at 717.399.8288 for more information.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!